Immunology Quality Assessment (HIV) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to collect blood donations from those who have HIV to make sure laboratories across the United States and other countries are testing their blood to know and help support the course of HIV and other infectious diseases of the immune system as well as look at possible vaccines.
Collecting blood from those with HIV
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have HIV
- Have a hemoglobin of 12.5 or higher
- Willing to donate a pint of blood
If you need assistance in understanding if you can participate, please contact the study team.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have a short pre-screening visit to draw blood for testing purposes
- Have your hemoglobin checked to make sure you are not anemic (low iron)
- Have your CD4 count measured and to see how much HIV is in your blood
- Have a large blood draw of about a pint or blood draw of up to about half a cup
-- You may not have more than 550mls (about a cup and a half) of blood drawn within an 8-week period including from this study, other studies and/or routine medical care
- Be involved in this study for several years to come back in to have blood drawn