Our board-certified physicians and expert staff are specially trained in occupational medicine. We offer services ranging from one-time individual or situational assessments to design and implementation of injury-prevention, wellness, monitoring, and compliance programs for workplaces. We work with individual patients, employers, and other parties and recognize that each has different needs. After identifying your unique concerns, we create a customized solution from the services we offer. We provide evaluations and treatment consistent with applicable regulations, protect confidentiality, and provide carefully considered advice on work restrictions and job accommodations.
Duke Health offers locations throughout the Triangle. Find one near you.
Duke occupational and environmental health services include:
- All types of employment exams
- Work-related injury and illness treatment
- PFTs, audiograms, lab tests, screening exams, etc.
- Preventive medicine and health maintenance exams
- All exams required by FAA, DOT, OSHA (e.g. hearing conservation, respirator clearance, etc.)
- 24-hour services to address blood and body-fluid exposures
- Drug testing and MRO services
- Limited "convenience" care for employees' personal illness (by prior arrangement)
- Job-related travel medicine with full range of immunizations
We offer specialty medical evaluations for:
- Work-relatedness or work capacity
- Job accommodations
- Health impact assessment for toxic, physical, or biological exposures
- Medical-legal and worker’s compensation evaluations
- Disability assessments
- Causation analysis