Signs of Alcohol and Other Drug Problems
We consider any use of alcohol or other drugs by adolescents and young adults to be problematic because of its harmful impact on young, developing brains.
Be on the lookout for:
- Change in behavior -- for example, from drinking only on the weekend to drinking during the week
- Change in a peer group, especially if your child’s peer group shrinks to include mostly others known to frequently use alcohol or drugs
- Sudden or gradual drop in grades
- Money missing from accounts
- Stains on fingers, burn holes in clothes
- Suspicious packages frequently delivered to your home
Seek Professional Help
If you are concerned about your child’s behavior, don’t hesitate to contact us. Nearly all of the teens and young adults with whom we work are referred to us by their families, schools, or community institutions. Your early intervention can have an enormous impact on your loved one’s future.
We Treat Young People Ages 13-24
The evaluation and treatment process typically starts within seven to 10 days of contacting us. We believe teens and young adults have the best chance of succeeding when they and their family, counselors, doctors, and other significant people their life work together on a treatment and recovery plan.