Parasol - 81201887MDG2001 (Age-Related Macular Degeneration) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
If you choose to join the study, you will:
- Get a random assignment (like drawing numbers from a hat) to receive in the eye one injection of one of two dose levels (low or high dose) of the study drug or placebo (inactive substance)
- Be in touch with the study team for about 19 months
- Visit our clinic at the Duke Eye Center up to 13 times
At various visits, you will have blood tests, answer questionnaires, and have eye exams and vision tests.
Geographic Atrophy (GA) Secondary to Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 60+ who:
- Are diagnosed with geographic atrophy secondary to age-related macular degeneration
- Have no history or presence of retinal disease other than GA
- Have no other ocular disease that might require surgery within 18 months or could affect the interpretation of test results
For more information about who can be in this study, please contact the study team at DEC-RA@duke.edu.
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to find out if an experimental drug called JNJ-81201887 (the study drug) is a safe and effective option for patients with Geographic Atrophy secondary to Age-Related Macular Degeneration.