DEPTH Trial (Emphysema in People Living with HIV) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
If you choose to join this study, you will complete up to 10 study visits and 2 phone call check-ins over 72 weeks. This study includes:
- Pulmonary function tests (how well your lungs are working)
- CT scans of the chest (a special type of imaging that creates 3D X-ray images)
- Blood draws
During the study, you will be randomized (like flipping a coin) to get either:
- The study drug (Doxycycline) by mouth twice a day for 72 weeks; OR
- A placebo (sugar pill) by mouth twice a day for 72 weeks
Emphysema in People Living with HIV
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 30+ who:
- Are living with HIV
- Have smoking-related lung disease
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2285.
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to learn more about whether Doxycycline (an antibiotic medication) will help slow the progression of emphysema, or COPD.