CROWN Study (Breast Cancer) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to better understand how breast cancer treatment can affect the heart. In particular, we want to know if treatment with near complete estrogen deprivation (NCED) therapy has an impact on heart function.
Risk of Heart Injury in Women Receiving Therapy for Breast Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Women ages 55 or younger who:
- Are premenopausal when they receive their breast cancer diagnosis
- Have Stage 1-to-3 breast cancer
- Have recently started or plan to start breast cancer treatment therapy
For more information about who can be in this study, please contact the study team at DukeOnco-PrimaryCare@duke.edu.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have 3 heart stress tests over the course of 2 years
- Get a CT scan at the beginning of the study and 2 years later at the end
- Have an EKG/ECG (measures the electrical signal from the heart) two times
- Have up to 6 blood draws throughout the study