ATEMPT 2.0 for Early stage HER2+ Breast Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if an investigational drug called T-DM1 (the study drug) is an effective treatment for HER2+ breast cancer when it is given as part of a regimen with trastuzumab injections. We will compare this regimen to the standard treatment of paclitaxel and trastuzumab.
Stage I HER2+ Breast Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are diagnosed with stage I HER2+ breast cancer
- Have had or are planning to have surgery for their breast cancer
- Do not have cancer in the lymph nodes
- Have not previously used paclitaxel
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at email@example.com.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Get a random assignment (like a coin flip) to 1 of 2 groups
-- One group will get the study drug as an infusion (IV) and trastuzumab thigh injections
-- The other group will get IV paclitaxel and trastuzumab thigh injections (the standard therapy)
- Have blood draws
- Have imaging scans
- Have heart scans (EKG and echocardiogram)
- Answer questionnaires