VRDN-001-101 (Thyroid Eye Disease) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if an investigational drug called VRDN-001 (the study drug) is safe and works well to treat thyroid eye disease.
Thyroid Eye Disease (TED)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 18+ who:
- Are diagnosed with Graves' disease
- Have moderate to severe (your daily life is impacted by it) active TED
For more information about who can be in this study, please contact the study team at DEC-RA@duke.edu.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join the study, you will:
- Receive an injection in a vein in your arm of either the study drug or placebo (dummy drug)
- Have an MRI of your orbits to look at the muscles outside the eyeball
- Have pictures taken of your eyes
- Visit our clinic 9 times
At various visits, you will have blood draws, and have eye and vision tests. The study will last for about 6 months.