P-Rad in Node-Positive HER2-Negative Breast Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn whether a radiation therapy boost in combination with chemotherapy and immunotherapy before surgery helps the immune system to destroy cancer cells.
Early Stage Node-Positive Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have been diagnosed with early stage node-positive triple negative breast cancer
- Are eligible to have paclitaxel and dose-dense doxorubicin chemotherapies before surgery
- Have not received prior immunotherapy
For more information about this study, please contact the study team at 919-660-1278.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study you will:
- Be randomly assigned to 1 of 3 groups
-- One group will have immunotherapy and chemotherapy without a radiation therapy boost
-- One group will have low-dose radiation therapy boost plus immunotherapy, followed by immunotherapy and chemotherapy
-- One group will have high-dose radiation therapy boost plus immunotherapy, followed by immunotherapy and chemotherapy
- Answer questionnaires
- Have blood draws
- Have biopsies
- Give us permission to store your tissue samples
- Have imaging scans
- Have photographs of your breasts taken by your care team to monitor changes
After study treatment, you will have surgery as determined by you and your doctor. You will return to our clinic for follow-up visits to see how you are doing.