HOBIT (Traumatic Brain Injury) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Men and Women 16-65 years old
- Have a traumatic brain injury
- Able to complete their first hyperbaric treatment within 8-14 hours of being admitted to the hospital
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study you will:
- Be randomized (like drawing numbers out of a hat) to be 1 one of 8 groups
-- 6 groups will receive hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
-- 1 group will receive a high dose of oxygen that is not pressurized
-- 1 group will get standard care
- All groups will complete a follow-up visit (on the phone or in-person) at month 3 and 6 after treatment