HOBIT (Traumatic Brain Injury) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn if hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is helpful to people with traumatic brain injury.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Men and Women 16-65 years old
- Have a traumatic brain injury
- Able to complete their first hyperbaric treatment within 8-14 hours of being admitted to the hospital
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study you will:
- Be randomized (like drawing numbers out of a hat) to be 1 one of 8 groups
-- 6 groups will receive hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
-- 1 group will receive a high dose of oxygen that is not pressurized
-- 1 group will get standard care
- All groups will complete a follow-up visit (on the phone or in-person) at month 3 and 6 after treatment