PROVE-HCC: A study for People with Liver Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
-Are diagnosed with 1-3 liver tumors that are less than or equal to 5cm in size
-Can be treated with either PLA or HIGRT
-Have a negative pregnancy test
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomly (like drawing numbers from a hat) assigned to one of the following standard of care treatments:
1. Percutaneous Local Ablation (PLA)- This treatment involves inserting special needles into the liver cancer and using microwaves or radiowaves to damage cancer cells in a way that may cause cell death.
2. Hypofractionated Image Guided Radiation Therapy (HIGRT)- In this treatment beams of radiation enter the liver from multiple angles to treat the liver cancer over several treatment sessions (typically 5-10 treatments).
- You will be asked to complete two quality of life surveys before treatment and after treatment at one, three and six months, for a total of four times.
- Be involved in this study for about 8 months