MoTrPAC: An Exercise Study to Improve Health and Prevent Disease - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn about how exercise benefits our health. We know that being physically active is good for us, but we do not completely understand how it changes the cells in our bodies to improve our health.
Physical Fitness and Weight Management
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 18+ who:
- Do not have diabetes or heart disease
- Do not have a current exercise or weight lifting routine
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at MoTrPAC@duke.edu or 919-681-9000 (choose option 4).
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be assigned to a training group for a fitness routine
- Visit our clinic at different times for fitness and strength testing
- Have physical exams
- Have blood draws
- Fill out questionnaires
- Keep a record of your physical activity and what you eat
You can visit the study's website for more information: https://www.motrpac.org/join/informationHome.cfm