MRI Study of Aging and the Brain - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn how normal, healthy aging affects attention, perception, memory, and decision-making abilities. We also want to know which regions of the brain contribute to these abilities.
Healthy Aging Affecting Brain Cognition in People 18-79 Years of Age
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 18-79 who:
- Have no history of brain injury
- Are not color blind
- Have normal or corrected vision (glasses/contact lenses are okay)
- Do not use antidepressant, anti-psychotic, or mood stabilizing medications
- Have no metal in their bodies (includes dental work)
What is Involved?
If you join this study, you will visit our clinic for 2 study sessions that last up to 2.5 hours.
- During the first session, you will:
-- Answer questionnaires
-- Have cognitive testing done
- During the second session, you will:
-- Have an MRI scan of your brain
Participants will be compensated for their time. If you're interested, please click the link to fill out our prescreening survey: https://redcap.duke.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=PLX8MYDXFK