Returning junior volunteers
Please note: Our junior volunteer program for summer 2016 is now full. The interview schedule for summer 2017 will be posted in January 2017.
Thank you for your interest in being a junior volunteer again. You are not required to interview again this year, so please do not sign up for an interview.
- The 2016 Junior Volunteer Summer Session is from June 13, 2016 - August 5, 2016.
- Interviews will be held during two weeks in March at Duke Clinic South, Conference room 1993, just around the corner to the right after passing the Information Desk, Main Entrance, Duke Clinics. All new Junior Volunteers must schedule an interview on the Doodle Poll (link below.) Please write down your interview time. Your interviewer will be expecting you.
- A mandatory Junior Volunteer Orientation is being held on June 4, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. Location: Duke North, Conference Room 2002. Tours of assigned work sites and photography for Duke ID badge will take place immediately after orientation, as follows.
- Tour of assigned departments for Junior Volunteers: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Parent Meeting: 11:00 a.m. at conference room 2002, Duke University Hospital
- Pictures for Duke ID badges: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Please bring a valid picture ID with you in order to have your photo taken.
- Each student is required to commit to at least 12 hours per week – 3 days per week minimum to participate.
- Students may not volunteer more than 32 hours per week.
For returning Junior Volunteers, we have streamlined the process for you this year. To be considered for volunteer placement for summer 2016, please complete the following:
- Junior volunteer application
- Health screen form completed by physician
- Reference form to be completed by volunteer coordinator from Summer 2015
- School counselor form
- Vacation form
Note: Please submit all completed forms to Volunteer Services office: DUMC 2967, Durham, NC 27710 by March 7, 2016 in order to be considered for placement.