Returning junior volunteers
The interview schedule for Summer 2017 will be posted in late January, 2017. Thank you for your interest in returning to the program this summer. You are not required to interview again this year, so please do not sign up for an interview slot.
Important dates and facts
- The 2017 Junior Volunteer Summer Session is from June 12, 2017—August 4, 2017.
- A mandatory Junior Volunteer Training/Orientation is being held on the morning of Saturday, June 10, 2017 for both new and returning Junior Volunteers starting at 9:00 am. Location: Duke North Hospital (Main hospital on Erwin Road), Conference Room 2002.
- Note: Please do not apply to volunteer this summer if you cannot attend the full orientation on June 10. This session is required annually in keeping with Duke Hospital policy. No exceptions will be made.
Schedule for orientation is as follows:
- 8:30 am - Bagels and sign-in
- 9:00 am - Training/Orientation
- 10:30 am - Tour of assigned departments
- 11:00 am - Parent meeting (Conference room 2002, Duke University Hospital)
Each student is required to commit to at least 12 hours per week and no more than 32 hours per week during the summer session.
For returning Junior Volunteers, we have streamlined the process for you this year. To be considered for volunteer placement for summer 2016, please complete the following:
- Junior volunteer application
- Health screen form completed by physician to be brought with you to interview. TB tests take up to 72 hours for results, so please do not delay scheduling a physician appointment.
- Reference form to be completed by volunteer coordinator from Summer 2016
- School counselor form
- Vacation form
In order to be considered for placement in summer 2017, all forms should be completed and submitted no later than March 17, 2017 to:
Volunteer Services Office
Duke University Hospital
Duke Clinic Building, Room 4118
Durham NC 27710