New junior volunteers
The interview schedule for Summer 2017 will be posted in late January, 2017. Thank you for your interest.
Important dates and facts
- The 2017 Junior Volunteer Summer Session is from June 12, 2017—August 4, 2017.
- Interviews will be held during the last week in March, and the second week of April, 2017. Interview sign-ups will start the end of January and do fill up quickly.
- All new Junior Volunteers must schedule an interview on the Doodle Poll, when posted in late January. Please write down your interview time. Your interviewer will be expecting you.
- A mandatory Junior Volunteer Training/Orientation is being held on the morning of Saturday, June 10, 2017 starting at 9:00 am. Location: Duke North Hospital (Main hospital on Erwin Road), Conference Room 2002.
Note: Please do not sign up for an interview slot if you cannot attend the full orientation on June 10. This session is required annually in keeping with Duke Hospital policy. No exceptions will be made.
Schedule for orientation is as follows:
- 8:30 am - Bagels and sign-in
- 9:00 am - Training/Orientation
- 10:30 am - Tour of assigned departments
- 11:00 am - Parent meeting (Conference room 2002, Duke University Hospital)
To be considered for volunteer placement, please complete the following:
- Sign up for interview time online—note your interview time. Your interviewer is holding that time for you. Please call 919-681-6088 to cancel.
- Junior volunteer application to be completed immediately upon signing up for interview.
- Health screen form completed by physician to be brought with you to interview. TB tests take up to 72 hours for results, so please do not delay scheduling a physician appointment.
- Two reference forms to be completed by non-family members
- School counselor form
- Vacation form
Please bring all completed forms to interview in order to be considered for placement.