New Junior Volunteers
Duke University Hospital
The interview schedule for the Junior Volunteer program for summer 2018 is now full and we will not be accepting additional applicants for this year. Information and interview sign-ups for summer 2019 will be posted at the end of January 2019.
Important Dates and Facts
- The 2018 Junior Volunteer Summer Session is from June 11, 2018 — August 3, 2018.
- Interviews will be held during the last week in March, and the first week of April, 2018. Interview sign-ups will start the end of January and do fill up quickly.
- All new Junior Volunteers must schedule an interview on the Doodle Poll, when posted in late January. Please only sign up for one interview time. Any additional times will be deleted by the Volunteer Services Office. Please write down your interview time. Your interviewer will be expecting you.
- A mandatory Junior Volunteer Training/Orientation is being held on the morning of Monday, June 11, 2018 starting at 8:00 am.
- Location: Duke North Hospital (Main hospital on Erwin Road), Conference Room 2002.
- Note: Please do not sign up for an interview slot if you cannot attend the full orientation on June 11. This session is required annually in keeping with Duke Hospital policy. No alternative orientations will be offered for this mandatory training.
- Schedule for orientation is as follows:
- 8:00 am - Donuts and sign-in
- 9:00 am - Training/Orientation
- 10:30 am - Tour of assigned departments
- 11:00 am - Optional Parent meeting (Conference room 2002, Duke University Hospital)
- Each student is required to commit to at least 12 hours per week and no more than 32 hours per week during the summer session.
NOTE: To be considered for volunteer placement, please complete the following and bring with you to interview:
- If you signed up for an online interview, please note your interview time. Your interviewer is holding that time for you. Please call 919 681-6088 if you must cancel.
- Junior volunteer application to be completed immediately upon signing up for interview.
- Health screen completed by physician to be brought with you to interview. TB tests take up to 72 hours for results, so please do not delay scheduling a physician appointment.
- Two reference forms to be completed by non-family members
- School counselor form
- Vacation form