Returning College Student Volunteers
Duke University Hospital
STEP 1: Required Documentation
If it has been LESS than 6 months since your last volunteer service hours with Duke University Hospital, skip STEP 1 and go to STEP 2.
If it has been MORE than 6 months since your last volunteer service hours with Duke University Hospital, please follow complete the following required forms:
- Volunteer Services Application (PDF, 306.31 KB)
- Request for References (PDF, 350.7 KB) -- 2 are needed
- Health Clearance for DUKE STUDENTS -- To be accepted into the College Volunteer Program, you must meet specific immunization requirements. Please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Date of birth
- Unique ID number (begins with "0")
- Applying for volunteering, shadowing, or both
- Volunteer Program you are applying for
- Health Screen for ALL OTHER COLLEGES (PDF, 655.13 KB)
- The health screen form must be completed by your healthcare provider/medical practice/pharmacy or your student health program.
- A TB test is required. Please allow adequate time for completion and a reading of this test before your interview in April.
STEP 2: Assignment
Returning to Same Assignment
- Returning students are not required to re-interview to return to their previous assignment.
- Contact Volunteer Services by March 29, 2019 if you intend to return, otherwise your volunteer position may not be held for you.
- Placement cannot be guaranteed if this information is submitted after the March 29, 2019 deadline.
Requesting a New Assignment
- You will need to obtain a reference form from your previous hospital volunteer coordinator/supervisor and be accepted for placement with the new program by March 29, 2019.
- Email Volunteer Services at email@example.com to obtain the reference form.
- Placement cannot be guaranteed in a new position if this information is submitted after the March 29, 2019 deadline.