Returning College Student Volunteers
Duke University Hospital
Notification of your intent to return
If you intend to return as a college volunteer for the fall 2019 semester, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Assignment
Returning to Same Assignment
- As a reminder, you must volunteer with the same volunteer program for two academic semesters before you may request a transfer to another volunteer program.
- Returning students are not required to re-interview to return to their previous assignment.
- Contact Volunteer Services by November 1, 2019 if you intend to return, otherwise your volunteer position may not be held for you.
- Placement cannot be guaranteed if this information is submitted after the November 1, 2019 deadline.
Requesting a New Assignment
- You will need to obtain a reference form from your previous hospital volunteer coordinator/supervisor and be accepted for placement with the new program by November 1, 2019.
- Email Volunteer Services at email@example.com to obtain the reference form.
- Placement cannot be guaranteed in a new position if this information is submitted after the November 1, 2019 deadline.
Step 2: Required Documentation
If it has been LESS than 6 months you do NOT have to complete this step.
If it has been MORE than 6 months since your last volunteer service hours with Duke University Hospital, you will need to submit an updated application packet and attend the mandatory hospital orientation.
- Application Packet
- You must attend the MANDATORY hospital orientation will be held on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 from 12:30 am to 3:00 pm. (NOTE: This is the day before Duke classes start.)
- Please mark your calendar for this date if you plan to volunteer.
- Many of the department volunteer coordinators will conduct their departmental orientations after orientation from 3:00 to 5:00 pm on January 7, 2020.