New College Student Volunteers
Duke University Hospital
There are a limited number of college student volunteer opportunities for the Fall 2019 session. Please see below for the process.
Volunteer Opportunities and Interview Sign-Ups
- College Volunteer Opportunities and Interview Sign-ups. Please Note: Interview sign-ups will be posted on this website on August 1, 2019, between 8:00 and 10:00 am.
- Volunteers may choose ONE program of interest and sign up for ONE interview slot.
- In-person, on-site interviews will be held on Thursday, August 29, 2019 and Friday, August 30, 2019.
- Interview slots are limited for each program and fill up quickly.
- Additional dates will not be added.
- Bring your completed Applicant Package (see Step 2 below) to your interview.
- Please dress business casual for your interview. Unacceptable interview attire includes tops that are off the shoulder, spaghetti strap tops or sleeveless, short skirts, shorts, leggings, denim “blue jeans”, ragged or un-hemmed clothing, sandals. As a reminder, your interview begins when you enter the workspace.
- Volunteers will be informed of acceptance into the program by Friday, September 6, 2019.
Before you return to campus in August, complete all required documents in the Application Packet and bring them with you to your interview.
- A MANDATORY hospital orientation will be held for all student volunteers accepted into the program on Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 9:00 am to noon.
- If you cannot attend this mandatory orientation, you cannot volunteer in the fall. Please do not sign up for an interview in August.
- Please mark your calendar for this date if you plan to volunteer.
- Alternative dates will not be provided for this hospital mandated training. Many of the department volunteer coordinators will also be present at orientation to conduct their departmental orientations afterwards.