New College Student Volunteers
Duke University Hospital
There are a limited number of college student volunteer opportunities for the Spring 2020 session. Please see below for the process.
Volunteer Opportunities and Interview Sign-Ups
- College volunteer opportunities and interview sign-ups will be posted on this website Monday, October 28, 2019.
- Volunteers may choose ONE program of interest and sign up for ONE interview slot.
- In-person, on-site interviews will be held on Monday, November 18, 2019 and Tuesday, November 19, 2019.
- Interview slots are limited for each program and fill up quickly.
- Additional dates will not be added.
- Bring your completed Applicant Package (see below) to your interview.
- Please dress business casual for your interview. Unacceptable interview attire includes tops that are off the shoulder, spaghetti strap tops or sleeveless, short skirts, shorts, leggings, denim “blue jeans”, ragged or un-hemmed clothing, sandals. As a reminder, your interview begins when you enter the workspace.
- Volunteers will be informed of acceptance into the program by Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Complete all required documents in the Application Packet and bring them with you to your interview.
- A MANDATORY hospital orientation will be held for all student volunteers accepted into the program on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 from 12:30 am to 3:00 pm. (NOTE: This is the day before Duke classes start).
- Please mark your calendar for this date if you plan to volunteer.
- Many of the department volunteer coordinators will conduct their departmental orientations after orientation from 3:00 to 5:00 pm on January 7, 2020.