New College Student Volunteers
Duke University Hospital
There are a limited number of summer 2019 college student volunteer opportunities. Please see below for the process. Most student volunteers are interviewed and accepted to volunteer programs during our fall interview process.
STEP 1: Required Documentation
Complete all required documents in the Application Packet.
STEP 2: Volunteer Opportunities and Interview Sign-Ups
College Volunteer Opportunities
- Summer 2019 College Student Volunteer Opportunities
- Summer 2019 College Student Volunteer Interview Sign-Ups
In person interviews
- Will be held on Monday, April 1, 2019 at the Trent Semans Great Hall for students within 25 miles of Duke University Hospital.
- Interviews will be 30 minutes.
- You will receive an interview confirmation email.
- Bring your completed Applicant Package (see Step 1 above) to your interview.
- Please arrive a few minutes before your interview time to give us time to review your paperwork.
- Dress business casual for your interview. Unacceptable interview attire includes tops that are off the shoulder, spaghetti strap tops or sleeveless, short skirts, shorts, leggings, denim “blue jeans”, ragged or un-hemmed clothing, sandals.
WebEx interviews (optional)
- WebEx interviews may be requested for Tuesday, April 2 and Wednesday, April 3 for students attending college more than 25 miles from Duke University Hospital in lieu of an in-person interview.
- You will receive an interview confirmation which will include the WebEx information.
- Be sure to log in beforehand to ensure WebEx has been loaded on your computer.
- Interviews will be 30 minutes. Please be on time.
General Interview Information
- Volunteers may choose ONE program of interest and sign up for ONE interview slot.
- Interview slots are limited for each program and fill up quickly.
- Additional dates will not be added.
- Note your interview time on your calendar.
- College student volunteers will be informed of acceptance into the program no later than Friday, April 19, 2019.
STEP 3: Getting Started
- Students accepted into the program must be available to attend one of the following MANDATORY hospital orientations in May before they can be scheduled to volunteer.
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:00 to 11:30 am
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:00 to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:00 to 4:30 pm
- An additional department volunteer orientations will also be conducted once you have completed the hospital orientation.
- You will receive more information about registering for orientation if you are accepted into the program.