Weight Loss and Wellness
We offer a complete range of personalized options designed to help you lose weight and maximize your well-being. Our modern facilities, including the Duke Diet and Fitness Center, Duke Health and Fitness Center, and Duke Integrative Medicine, are equipped with the latest equipment and trained professionals to help you reach your health-related goals. If you are considering weight loss surgery, you'll want to learn more about our weight loss surgery program's quality of care, years of experience, comprehensive services, and positive patient outcomes.
Medically Supervised Weight Loss Programs
- Duke Diet and Fitness Center. The therapeutic, residential-style weight management program is designed to help you lose excess weight and improve your physical fitness. Our program combines weight loss, physical conditioning and improved self-care habits to help you improve your health and well-being.
- Duke Health and Fitness Center. A wellness center that offers an array of comprehensive programs including group fitness classes, massage therapy, personal training, weight loss programs, a heated, indoor pool, disease-specific rehab programs and more.
- Healthy lifestyles for children. A six-month, intensive, family-centered lifestyle management intervention for families with overweight children ages 0 to 18.
- Advanced medical records technology. Our secure online portal, Duke MyChart, allows you to view test results, make appointments, request prescription refills, and message your doctor using any Web-enabled device. Our technology also allows anyone on your care team to securely access your health information, making sure you always get care that's right for you and based on the latest evidence.
Weight Loss Surgery Program
Duke weight loss surgery. Our weight loss programs are committed to helping you lose weight and improve your health. We have two convenient locations - in Durham and Raleigh - to help you understand your surgical options, prepare for this life-changing event, and maintain your weight loss goals in the years following your bariatric surgery.
Our facilities offer: comprehensive health assessments; executive health physicals; genomic testing; preventive cardiology; acupuncture; personal training, yoga, and fitness; stress reduction programs; hypnosis, guided imagery, mind-body therapies; nutrition consultations; massage therapy and much more.
Duke Health and Fitness. Available at the 30,000-square-foot PepsiCo Fitness Center, a medically-based wellness center focusing on exercise and lifestyle change
Duke Integrative Medicine. Our expert providers integrate the best of Western scientific medicine with proven complementary therapies to address your whole person -- body, mind, spirit, and community. Visit Duke Integrative Medicine for:
- Physician consultation. A comprehensive evaluation by an expert Duke physician who is trained in conventional and complementary medicine
- Primary care. 24/7 Access to expertly trained physicians, plus personalized health planning, and a voucher for non-insured services
- Individual therapeutic services. A wide array of clinical treatments and services to support your health and healing including acupuncture, massage, nutrition, health psychology, stress reduction and more
- Classes. We offer mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), yoga workshops, and education; professional training; and more.
- Annual membership. Join a community of people dedicated to optimizing their health and wellbeing