Serving You and Your Patients
Our dedicated transfer center team stands ready to help you access our inpatient services and connect to a Duke specialist at Duke University, Duke Regional, or Duke Raleigh Hospital in minutes. We work with you and your patients to ensure the highest quality of care at the location that best meets each patient’s needs.
The Duke Transfer Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 919-681-3440.
How the Transfer Center Helps You
When you call the Duke Transfer Center, highly qualified registered nurses will assist you and triage your request by:
- Facilitating the necessary physician-to-physician consult to discuss patient condition and coordinate hand-off of care.
- Helping to coordinate insurance approval and transport services to ensure your patients are able to get rapid access to the care they need.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your transfer request.
Information We Need
For the most efficient service, please provide the following information:
- Requester’s name and contact number.
- Referring physician’s name, phone number, and facility.
- Patient’s name, date of birth, gender, diagnosis, insurance information, type of transport needed, level of care needed (for example, ICU), and medical specialty being requested (cardiology, medicine, pediatrics, etc.)