Duke neurosurgeons in Raleigh and Durham combine their surgical expertise with the latest surgical advances, and technological innovations to treat a wide range of brain and nerve system conditions including brain tumors, skull base tumors such as acoustic neuromas, spine and musculoskeletal conditions, movement disorders, chronic pain and more. Our surgeons are expertly equipped to perform deep brain stimulation, awake brain neurosurgery, brain stereotactic radiosurgery, computer-assisted brain surgery, and minimally invasive brain and spine surgery which leaves few and sometimes no scars.
Leaders in Neurosurgery
People travel from all around the world to see our neurosurgeons and brain cancer specialists because we offer the latest advances in medicine and neurosurgery to detect and treat brain tumors.
Our special programs focus on treating tumors in the head and neck, epilepsy, movement disorders, cranial nerve dysfunction syndromes, peripheral nerve injuries, pain, and more. Our years of experience and personalized approach address your medical needs and maximize your quality of life.
Choose Duke Neurosurgeons for Your Care
- Our Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center is one of the world's largest and most successful centers. Our brain cancer specialists recognized leaders in brain cancer research and treatment. We co-developed a vaccine that extends the lives of people with glioblastoma, a type of brain tumor. Research continues to make the vaccine stronger, and the immune response more powerful.
- Duke Spine Center specialists in Raleigh and Durham offer extensive therapy options and advanced surgeries to help you lead a healthy, pain-free life. We know through experience from treating high volumes of patients that personalized treatment plans yield the best results for spine care. We take into account your lifestyle and health needs and recommend a comprehensive plan for your spine care that may include the latest in medications and injections, physical therapy, and pain management. If you require surgery, we offer one of the most experienced surgical teams in the state.
- Our specialists and neurosurgeons treat the full range of cerebrovascular conditions that affect the major arteries and blood flow in the brain. We pair the latest imaging tools with minimally invasive techniques to ensure prompt diagnosis and treatment. Our team is the leading resource for brain health emergencies including aneurysms and stroke. People are referred to us from across the Southeastern U.S. to confirm a diagnosis or prepare a treatment plan.
- Our skull base tumor program is the only center in the Carolinas to offer multiple treatment options and care for all types of skull base tumors, including acoustic neuroma (or vestibular schwannoma), pituitary tumors, facial nerve tumors, glomus tumors of the skull base, neurovascular compression disorders, chordoma and chondrosarcomas, epidermoid cysts and neurofibromatosis type II (NF2).
- Our neurosurgeons work with a team of experts from many areas of medicine. In addition to our doctors - specially trained neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists and neuropsychologists - our neurological care team includes a range of providers who help manage your symptoms, recovery and rehabilitation. They include physical, occupational and speech therapists, social workers, nutritionists, and genetic counselors.
- As a National Parkinson Foundation Center of Excellence, we offer the latest medications to treat Parkinson’s disease, as well as other movement disorders. We are experts in deep brain stimulation, a procedure that can relieve symptoms by targeting an electric current on specific areas of your brain. It’s a highly effective treatment option for Parkinson’s, disease dystonia and essential tremor.
- With offices throughout Raleigh and Durham, our surgeons can provide the full range of neurosurgical care in a convenient location near you.