Children's Primary Care
Primary Care for Infants, Children and Adolescents
Duke pediatricians are specially trained to provide primary care to infants, children, and teens. Our pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners want to establish a long-term relationship with your child from the time they are born through adulthood. They keep your child healthy, ensure they reach important developmental milestones, and can coordinate your care with specialists if the need arises. As part of Duke Primary Care, our children's primary care practices are conveniently located throughout the Triangle, and accept a growing list of Duke-friendly health plans.
Children's Primary Care Near You
Our pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners offer the full spectrum of children's primary care, from the time your children are in the nursery, through early adulthood. We offer:
- Well baby and sick baby care
- Diagnosis and management of general medical, developmental, and social health concerns
- Counseling on age-appropriate issues like immunizations and developmental milestones
- Annual exams that may also include hearing and vision screenings
While our pediatricians are all trained to care for adolescents, your teen also has the option to be seen by our adolescent medicine specialists who complete added training in the complex issues that arise in early teen, teen and young adult years. They can offer guidance to your teen, and your family during these sometimes challenging years.
Choose Duke pediatricians for your child because we offer:
- Convenient children's primary care locations. With more than 40 locations throughout the Triangle, you can find a Duke children's primary care location for your child near you.
- Access to Duke pediatric specialists. If your child needs specialty care, we can direct you to Duke Health pediatric specialists. As part of a nationally ranked medical center, they have access to the latest research, technology, and medical advances, many of which are discovered at Duke Health. Our pediatricians will coordinate your child's care if they need referrals for chronic health problems or special developmental, learning, and mental health needs.
- Secure connection to our online patient portal. Duke MyChart makes it easier than ever to view lab results and pay bills. Once you are part of the Duke system, you can request prescription refills, schedule appointments, and communicate with your provider. Duke's state-of-the-art electronic medical record system is also accessed by every Duke doctor in every Duke facility so your care will always be coordinated.