To resolve skipped level wave tool issue
Duke Raleigh Hospital chaplains offer spiritual care, counseling, and emotional support to our patients, families, and staff. The spiritual care department also offers the following services:
- Spiritual assessment, intervention, comfort, and nurturing
- Facilitation and support of religious practices of all faiths and spiritual paths
- Non-judgmental listening
- Crisis intervention
- Advocacy for patients and staff
- Coordination of bereavement and decedent care services
- Collaboration with all members of the health care team
- Consultations on advance directives, end-of-life decisions, and ethical issues
To request a visit from a chaplain on weekdays, call the spiritual care office at 919-954-3268. During the evening and weekends, ask your nurse to arrange for you to speak with a chaplain.
The John Knight Family Chapel is a sacred space located on the first floor of Duke Raleigh (near the emergency room). The chapel is open for prayer, meditation, and reflection for persons of all faiths, as well as for regularly scheduled religious and spiritual-health related services. Please contact the spiritual care office at 919-954-3268 to discuss scheduling events or to reach the contact person for your faith group.
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) opportunities
The Department of Spiritual Care provides accredited Level 1 and 2 Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) to ministerial students, clergy, and interested lay people. Our CPE program is a satellite for Duke University Hospital’s Pastoral Services Department and is accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE). For more information or to obtain an application, please contact the Reverend Adrian L. Dixon at 919-954-3268.