Duke Nephrology Hypertension Clinic
The Duke Nephrology Hypertension Clinic offers consultative, diagnostic, and treatment services to patients with uncontrolled or resistant hypertension.
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The clinic also specializes in care for patients who require additional time and attention to address individual management barriers that exceed the scope of a typical primary care visit.
Our providers are certified by the American Society of Hypertension as designated Specialists in Clinical Hypertension, and they are well versed on the causes and myriad treatment options available to treat hypertension effectively. They take a collaborative, patient-centered approach to care that focuses on lifestyle modifications such as diet and exercise, as well as medication management and adherence strategies, which allow patients to improve or control their blood pressure over time.
The Duke Nephrology Hypertension Clinic offers you and your patients:
- Consultation to determine the source of hypertension, including screening for secondary causes of high blood pressure and identification of lifestyle factors contributing to high blood pressure.
- Expert treatment provided by specialists who have a long history of hypertension care and research, and who have helped establish national hypertension treatment guidelines
- A collaborative, hands-on approach to care that promotes individualized attention, open dialogue and comprehensive condition management
- Education and coaching on lifestyle approaches to treat hypertension
- An open partnership with referring physician to enable successful implementation of the recommended care plan
- Prompt, thorough communication and access to a hypertension specialist when questions arise
- Convenient and timely access to care
- Opportunities to participate in research studies of new investigational treatments, including renal denervation
- Education, guidance and active problem solving to help patients effectively manage their condition
- Easy referrals to a variety of Duke specialists if necessary, including cardiologists, endocrinologists and surgeons.
To refer a patient, log in to Duke MedLink or call 800-MED-DUKE (800-633-3853).
- Resistant Hypertension
- Lifestyle approaches to treat hypertension
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
Preparing For Your Visit
3116 North Duke Street
Durham, NC 27704-2102