Whether you’re thinking of starting an exercise program, or your existing workout routine could use some expert guidance and individualized attention, consider spending some quality time with one of Duke Health and Fitness Center’s certified and degreed personal trainers.
Our experienced personal training staff is here to help people reach their fitness goals by assisting and motivating them as they gain cardiovascular endurance, muscle strength, stamina, and flexibility -- as well as overall better health and a sense of accomplishment.
Available to both members and non-members, our personal trainers provide specially tailored, one-on-one services that include:
- Aquatic training, including swimming lessons with stroke refinement
- Fitness consultations, health assessments, and program updates
- Programming for those with medical condition-specific limitations
- Sport-specific training and athlete conditioning
- Weight management assistance
- Exercise plans for weight loss
- Post-cardiac rehabilitation exercise programs
- Programming for strength and endurance gains
- Training for flexibility, balance, and core strength
- Yoga and Pilates
- Training for running
- Exercise plans for patients with arthritis
- Injury prevention and recovery programs
- Strength training for fibromyalgia
- High intensity functional training
- Training with Parkinson's Disease
- Training for cancer survivors
Discounted rates on sessions with personal trainers are available for Duke Health and Fitness Center members and those who participate in multiple-session packages.
New members receive 10 percent off their first purchased package and 50 percent off their first single personal training session.
For more information about our personal training services, or to inquire about membership or schedule an appointment, call Mike Tuggle at 919-660-6811.
We offer fitness assessments as a one-on-one consultation that provides you with baseline information regarding your health and wellness. This information can help you get started with your exercise program or spice up your current exercise routine.
During the assessment, we will discuss your exercise goals and measure:
- Blood pressure and heart rate
- Body composition
- Upper and lower body strength
- Aerobic endurance
You can track your progress with the purchase of a post assessment at $61 for members and $72 for non-members.
The fitness assessment is $80 for members and $94.40 for non-members.
Appointments for fitness assessment
Fitness assessments are made by appointment. Call Mike Tuggle at 919-660-6811 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment or for more information.
We offer a one-on-one gait analysis that provides you with important information about your movement patterns during weight bearing activities. Based on your results we can give you recommendations on shoes that can help improve stability and decrease risk of injury. For more information, call Mike Tuggle at 919-660-6811 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments and information:
For more information about the Duke Health and Fitness Center and the services we provide, or to inquire about membership or schedule an appointment, call Debra Carter at 919-660-6710 or email Debra.Carter@duke.edu.