Massage therapy benefits
- Enhanced healing of overworked or injured muscles
- Relief of muscle spasms, chronic pain, and tension
- Increased flexibility or joint mobility
- General relaxation
- Reduction of physical or mental fatigue
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph fluids
- Increased athletic performance
- Enhanced flow of vital life energy (chi)
Just about anyone can benefit from massage therapy, particularly people in jobs that require repetitive motion and fixed, awkward positions. Those recovering from an injury or illness involving the musculoskeletal system may also gain relief from massage.
For many people, massage is a form of stress management or a way to become more connected to their bodies. If you have a medical condition, such as fever, infection, cancer, or severe respiratory disease, please check with our massage coordinator before scheduling a session.
Specialized massage services
We offer a wide range of therapeutic massage services in a quiet, private setting. Because our massage therapists strive to meet participants' individual needs and goals, each session begins with a discussion with the participant.
Each of our massage therapists has completed more than 600 hours of training, is nationally certified and holds a North Carolina license to practice massage. They combine their knowledge of massage with information provided by the participant to create a unique session every time.
Various types of massage typically are blended together in a single session:
Preparing for your massage
First-time massage therapy participants should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment time to complete a brief health history form, which is available at the fitness desk. Anyone receiving a massage should:
- Dress comfortably
- Communicate clearly with your therapist about goals, the amount of pressure you wish to be used, and areas of your body where you are comfortable receiving massage
- Breathe deeply
- Relax and enjoy your therapeutic massage experience
Schedule a massage
- 15-minute chair massage on site: $20
- Off site chair massages. To schedule off site massages for special events or health fairs please contact our wellness services program coordinator at 919-660-6660
New members can receive 10 percent off their first massage therapy package or 15 percent off their first single massage.
To find out more about the mind/body services we provide, inquire about membership, or schedule an appointment, call Mike Tuggle at 919-660-6811.