Newborn Care and Safety II is led by newborn nurses and childbirth educators at Duke University and Duke Regional Hospitals. This interactive workshop will help you practice the skills needed to care for your baby. Bring items from home if you want to learn how to use your own baby gear. You'll get hands-on experience with various baby-proofing items and their uses as we discuss newborn safety. Using newborn dolls, we'll practice:
- Holding and passing your baby
- Positioning for feeding, burping, and using the bulb syringe
- Swaddling and calming baby
- Diapering, bathing, and dressing
- Learning about your car seat and positioning your baby safely
Participation in Newborn Care and Safety I is required to take this class. Participants can take this class co-currently with Newborn Care and Safety I virtually or in-person or on its own after completion of Newborn Care and Safety I.