Millions of caregivers and care partners provide critical support to loved ones dealing with chronic conditions and act as an important part of their families, communities, and health care system. If you are a caregiver, we hope you will join us for a virtual event on October 26, 2021, from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm for the Duke Caregiver Community Event. This one-day program is free thanks to the generosity of our sponsors and exhibitors.
The Duke Caregiver Community Event will provide online educational opportunities and support resources to enhance the knowledge and skills that make you a better caregiver. Learn resiliency to care for yourself, and connect with local experts and organizations that can help you on this journey.
- Health equity in dementia
- Navigating conversations with family and loved ones
- Hospitalization and the role of a caregiver
- Understanding advanced directives/living wills
- Overcoming compassion fatigue
- Connections to resources that will save you time and money
- Role of assisted animal therapy
Presentations will be available in Spanish.
Registration is required.