NRG-GY020 Newly Diagnosed Early Stage Endometrial Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if adding an immunotherapy drug called pembrolizumab (the study drug) to the usual radiation treatment for endometrial cancer can lower the chance that your cancer comes back.
Early Stage High Intermediate Risk Endometrial Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 18+ who:
- Are diagnosed with Stage I endometrioid endometrial and have certain age and risk factors; OR
- Are diagnosed with Stage II endometrioid endometrial cancer
- Have never received hormonal therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, or radiation therapy for endometrial cancer
- Have undergone surgical staging with at least hysterectomy, removal of cervix, bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, and either sentinel lymph node assessment or complete pelvic aortic lymphadenectomy
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomly assigned (like a coin flip) to 1 of 2 groups
-- Group 1 will get radiation for 2-6 weeks and visit our clinic every 12 weeks for a year after radiation is finished
-- Group 2 will get radiation for 2-6 weeks and get the study drug by infusion (IV) 6 weeks for up to one year