BRAVO study - Broad spectrum Rapid Antidote: Varespladib Oral for snakebite - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to see how an investigational drug, Varespladib, works in your body and against symptoms from snake venom.
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have been bitten by a venomous snake
- Are having symptoms
What is Involved?
If you choose to be in this study, you will:
- Be randomly assigned (like flipping a coin) to 1 of 2 groups
-- Group 1: Take the study drug by mouth for 7 days
-- Group 2: Take a placebo (harmless, inactive substance) by mouth for 7 days
- Have physical exams, blood draws, and urine tests
- Have electrocardiograms (ECG), scans to look at your heart
- Complete surveys about your symptoms and recovery