Stool collection study for cancer patients treated with irinotecan-based therapy - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to see if there is a relationship between specific proteins (found in bacteria in your stool samples) and the chemotherapy side effects that you may experience during standard chemotherapy treatment.
Colorectal Cancer and Pancreatic Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults with colorectal or pancreatic cancer who:
- Are eligible to receive standard-of-care treatment with any irinotecan-based regimen
- Have not previously received irinotecan treatment
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at email@example.com.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Complete a two-page questionnaire before starting chemotherapy
- Provide a total of four stool (fecal) samples at home
- Provide an optional blood sample in the clinic if you consent
- Report the side effects of standard of care chemotherapy treatment