Step, Walk, Bike (Fitness Testing) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out how well different exercise tests can assess someone's health and overall level of fitness. We will measure your aerobic fitness using three different tests.
Tests to Measure Health and Fitness
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 18+ who:
- Can come to our clinic for an in-person visit
- Are able to walk independently (assistive devices are okay)
- Are able to use a stationary bike
For more information about this study, please contact the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-681-2849.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will come to our clinic for one visit. During this visit, you will:
- Do a 6-minute step test (6MST)
- Do a 6-minute walk test (6MWT)
- Do cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET) on a stationary bike
This visit should last about 2 hours. If you can't complete every test during this visit, we can schedule you to come back at another time to finish.
We will pay study participants for their time.
You can read more about this study on its website and send us a message if you are interested: https://redcap.duke.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=C74RX3ACY4