A171901 NSCLC >/=70 YOA - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to see how an experimental drug called pembrolizumab (MK-3475) works in your body and against your cancer. We want to find out if the study drug works differently in older adults.
Advanced non-small cell lung cancer that has spread
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults 70 years of age and older who:
- Are diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer that is stage 4 or has come back
- Have not received an organ transplant
- Have not had chemotherapy for 6 months before joining the study
- Have no cancer treatments planned for 3 months after joining this study
What is Involved?
If you join this study, you will:
- Get the study drug through a vein in your arm (IV) every 21 days or every 42 days
- Choose whether or not you also want to receive standard chemotherapy while you get the study drug
- Fill out surveys about your symptoms and health