NORTH Study (Children and Young Adults with Solid Tumors) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out how an experimental drug called panobinostat works in your body and against your tumor.
NORTH Study: Panobinostat for Pediatric and Young Adults Patients with Solid Tumors
Who Can Participate in the Study?
People younger than 40 years old who:
- Have new or recurrent ATRT or MRT
- Are recovered from side effects of past treatments, if any
- Have not used medicine that affects the immune system within the last 3 weeks
For more information about who can be in this study, please contact the study team.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Take the study drug by mouth according to a study calendar for up to 12 months.
- Have physical exams every week for the first month and then monthly while taking the study drug
- Have blood draws and urine tests every week for the first month and then monthly while taking the study drug
- Have heart scans done (ECGs and echocardiograms)
- Have imaging scans (PET, MRI, CT, X-ray, or ultrasound) based on your type of tumor
You will return to the Duke clinic every 6 weeks for 3 months and then every 3 months for up to 2 years after you stop taking Panobinostat.