Log2Lose Study for Weight Loss and Weight Management - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to compare different types of motivational text messages to learn more about how to help people manage their weight in the long-term.
Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or higher
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults age 18 and older who:
- Want to lose weight
- Have a smartphone with data and texting plan
- Have a BMI of 30 or higher
- Speak and read English
What is Involved?
This 18-month weight management study will help you learn healthy habits for a lifetime.
If you choose to join the study, you will:
- Be assigned to 1 of 4 groups by chance, like drawing names out of a hat
-- Each group will receive different types of motivational text messages
- Take part in virtual group weight management classes with a Registered Dietitian
- Have one-on-one weight management coaching phone calls with a Registered Dietitian
- Receive a digital scale and fitness tracker
- Fill out online surveys
- Attend 4 in-person study visits every 6 months to have weight and blood pressure checked
Please visit our website to learn more and take the screening survey: https://log2lose.com/