PROOF-HD - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to see if an experimental drug called pridopine is a safe and effective treatment for Huntington's disease (HD).
For any questions about who can be in this study, please contact the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-0865.
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults 25 years of age and older who:
- Are diagnosed with adult-onset HD
- Have never used gene therapy
- Do not have epilepsy
- Have not had a seizure in the last 5 years
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomly assigned (like flipping a coin) to get the study drug or placebo (harmless, inactive substance)
- Take the study drug or placebo for 65 weeks (dosing period)
- Have 8 clinic visits
- Give blood and urine samples
- Have physical exams
- Answer questionnaires
- Have an electrocardiogram (ECG), a scan to look at your heart
- Have the option to extend your use of the study drug for 13 weeks at the end of the dosing period