LTQ-HIV Pilot Study (Smoking Cessation) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We want to find out if a mobile app that is designed for people with HIV is a better tool and more helpful for quitting smoking than a mobile app that is designed for the general public.
Quitting cigarette smoking among people who have HIV
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults 18 years and older who:
- Are diagnosed with HIV
- Want to quit smoking
- Are receiving medical care to treat HIV
- Own an Apple or Android smartphone
What is Involved?
If you join this study, you will:
- Have 5 online (Zoom video) study visits over 12 weeks
- Be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to use one of two apps on your mobile phone
- Use your assigned mobile phone app for 12 weeks
- Be given nicotine patches to use for 8 weeks
- Fill out online questionnaires