IIT: Cord Blood Attenuates Accelerated Aging after Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn more about the outcomes of people who get a transplant of cord blood stem cells versus people who get a transplant of adult donor stem cells. This study is important because we could learn more about different donor options for transplant patients.
Allogeneic (Donor Cells) Stem Cell Transplant
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 19-80 who had an allogeneic (donor cells) stem cell transplant at least 1 year ago.
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-668-2369.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join the study, you will:
- Visit our clinic 2 times
- Fill out questionnaires
- Complete physical function assessments
- Have Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET) done
- Have your muscles scanned with a handheld ultrasound device
- Give stool samples
- Have your skin swabbed
- Have blood draws
- Have a biopsy of your muscle taken (optional)
- Have a biopsy of your skin taken (optional)