ROCCK (Reducing Obesity) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn about how weight loss can effect knee cartilage.
If you are interested in participating in our study, please email us at: ROCCK@dm.duke.edu
Obesity and Weight-loss
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults age 18-45 who:
- Have healthy knees
- Obese with BMI between 30-40
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have 3 MRIs over 6 months
- Have blood and urine collected
- Meet weekly for 1 hour weight classes
- Be randomized (like flipping a coin) into one of two groups:
---Group 1: Weight loss group for 6 months
---Group 2: Weight maintenance for 6 months, and weight loss activities offered after the study