ROCCK (Weight Management) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn about the health benefits of weight loss on your knees.
If you are interested in learning more or want to join this study please contact us at: ROCCK@duke.edu OR 919-660-7507
Obesity and Weight-loss
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults age 18-45 who:
- Have healthy knees
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 30-40
--If you are unsure about your BMI, you can check it here:
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have 3 MRIs over 6 months
- Have blood and urine collected
- Attend a weekly, or bi-weekly, virtual group meetings for 1 hour
- Be randomized (like flipping a coin) into one of two groups:
---Group 1: Weight loss group for 6 months
---Group 2: Weight maintenance for 6 months, and weight loss activities offered after the study