Alliance A041701 (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out how an experimental drug called uproleselan works in your body and against your cancer.
Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 60 and older who:
- Are diagnosed with AML
- Do not have a genetic defect in a receptor called FMS-like Tyrosine Kinase 3/FLT3
- Have not received chemotherapy
- Have no signs of brain or spinal cord involvement
What is Involved?
If you join this study, you will:
- Be randomly assigned (50/50 chance, like flipping a coin) to either Group 1 or Group 2
-- Group 1 will get treatment with chemotherapy drugs (daunorubicin + cytarabine)
-- Group 2 will get treatment with chemotherapy drugs (daunorubicin + cytarabine) in addition to the study drug uproleselan
- Have blood draws
- Have a bone marrow sample taken
- Have scans to get images of your heart (echocardiogram)
- Receive the chemotherapy and study drug through a vein in your arm (IV)