Elevated Blood Pressure and Insomnia - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to understand how poor sleep quality contributes to high blood pressure and heart disease risk.
Hypertension and Insomnia
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 30-60 who:
- Have had trouble sleeping for over 2 weeks
- Do not use blood pressure medication
- Have elevated blood pressure (systolic or top number > 130)
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-681-5874.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have 6 therapy sessions with a sleep specialist (can be done remotely)
- Wear a portable blood pressure monitor for 24 hours on 4 separate occasions
We will pay you for your time on this study.
You can read more about the study and sign up to join on its website: https://sites.duke.edu/sleepright