AIRFLOW-3 (COPD) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Men and women ages 40-75 that
- Have not smoked in 2 months
- Have a previous history of smoking
- Diagnosed with COPD
- Have had a flare-up that required medical treatment
- Have not had surgetry on stomach
- Do not have medical device implanted
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study you will:
-Be randomized (like flipping a coin) to either Group 1 or Group 2
--Group 1 will receive the study procedure, Targeted Lung Denervation (TLD) which is radiofrequency delivered to the nerves in addition to their daily breathing medications
--Group 2 will continue their optimal care and breathing medications
- Get a bronchoscopy
- Complete blood draws
- Get a flu shot once a year
- Do Pulmonary (Lung) Function Tests (PFTs)
- Do 6 minute walking tests
- Get a CT scan done
- Complete questionnaires
- Do follow-up visits over the phone and in person for 5 years