Miles Study of Stem Cell Injections for Knee OA - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are ages 40-70 years old
- Have moderate knee osteoarthritis
- Fit other health criteria
- Can have a MRI
- Are not pregnant
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study you will:
- Be randomly chosen (like drawing numbers out of a hat) to have one of 3 procedures to get the stem cells:
-- Bone marrow procedure
-- Liposuction procedure
-- Donor stem cells
You will then be randomly chosen (like the flip of a coin) to have:
- The stem cells
- A steroid shot in your knee
- Not be told which shot you are getting
- Have a 75% chance of getting the stem cell shot
- Have your knee looked at by the doctor and have your overall health checked
- Have 3 MRIs
- Be asked to answer health-related questions
- Have blood collected for lab testing
- Be asked to return for 6 visits and a phone call over the course of a year