Patidegib Gel For Basal Cell Nevus Syndrome (BCNS) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn if the study gel (Patidegib) reduces the number of basal cell carcinomas when applied to the face twice a day.
Basal Cell Nevus (Gorlin) Syndrome
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have (or be suspected of having) basal cell nevus (Gorlin) syndrome
- Have had at least 3 basal cells on the face within the last 24 months
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be assigned (like the flip of a coin) to either get the study gel (Patidegib) or a gel that doesn't have any drug in it
- Be asked to apply the gel twice a day for 12 months
- Be asked to come for 14 study visits and be available for 1 study phone call with the study team
- Have your skin looked at by the study doctor
- Have a series of blood and urine tests
- Have your skin photographed
- Answer questionnaires
- Let the study doctor take samples of tissue from basal cell carcinomas