SPARC: Prostatectomy +/- Cabozantinib in High-Risk Prostate Cancer Patients - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn how effective cabozantinib is at killing prostate cancer cells.
Another purpose of the study is to learn if there is a difference in how often cancer comes back in people who take cabozantinib before having surgery to remove their prostate compared to people who have surgery right away.
Untreated, High-Risk Prostate Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults with prostate cancer who:
- Plan to have a surgery called a “radical prostatectomy”
- Have not had any previous treatments for their cancer
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have blood and urine tests
- Be randomly assigned to one of two groups:
- Group A will take cabozantinib (a pill that you take by mouth) every day for 4 weeks before having surgery to remove their prostate
- Group B will have a surgery to remove their prostate immediately