SELECT Study for Cardiovascular and Peripheral Artery Disease - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn if semaglutide can lower your chance of having a heart attack or stroke in the future if you have already had a heart attack, stroke, or been diagnosed with peripheral arterial disease (PAD).
Cardiovascular and Peripheral Artery Disease
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Men or Women who are:
- 45 years old or older
- Have had a heart attack, stroke, or have been told you have peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Do not have diabetes
What is Involved?
If you join this study you will....
- Have up to 25 on-site study visits that will last 1-2 hours each for up to 5 years
- Be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to receive either the study medicine or a placebo
- Be asked to complete questionnaires about your health and attend lifestyle counseling
- Have blood drawn up to 8 times over the length of the study