CSL Behring: Ph2/3 Randomized D-blinded Alpha-1 AntiTrypsin (AAT) in GVHD HCT - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults who are undergoing HCT for hematological malignancies, including leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndrome and myeloproliferative neoplasms and have Planned myeloablative conditioning regimen.
What is Involved?
If you join choose to join this study, you will:
- Have a screening visit
- Get procedures to prepare your body for the transplant
- Have a physical exam and vital signs taken every day for the 5 days before you get the transplant and during study visits
- Have blood drawn
- Get a standard GVHD prevention treatment 3 days before you get the transplant
- Get your first dose of the study drug, AAT, the day before the transplant
- Be given the stem cells on transplant day
- Have study visits
- Be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to get the study drug AAT or Placebo for 8 weeks