Streamlined Genetic Counseling- Ovarian - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adult women who:
- Have epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or peritoneal cancer
- Have not already seen a genetic counselor
- Have gotten no more than 5 cycles of chemotherapy
- Do not have insurance the requires in-person genetic teaching
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
Be randomly placed (like a flip of a coin) in either the Traditional Group or the Streamlined Group.
- If placed in the Traditional Group, you will:
-- Meet with a genetic counselor, which will include providing a saliva or blood sample
-- Complete a survey after meeting with genetic counselor asking about your anxiety
-- Complete a Distress survey after receiving results
-If placed in Streamline Group, you will:
- Complete baseline surveys that include demographic questions, questions about your
current anxiety level, and a health literacy quiz
- Watch a brief genetics education video in the clinic and provide a saliva or blood sample for testing
- Complete a survey after watching the genetics education video asking about your anxiety
- Complete family history questions
- Complete a distress survey after getting your results