GRIT Study (ACL Reconstruction) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study is to find out how psychological characteristics related to coping with injury can impact outcomes following ACL reconstruction.
Psychological coping characteristics following surgery for ACL reconstruction
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults and teens between the ages of 13-25 who:
- Had ACL reconstruction within the past 2 weeks OR will have this surgery in the next 2 weeks
- Plan to return to a pivoting/cutting sport like soccer, football, or basketball
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Read and sign an electronic consent form
- Answer questionnaires before your surgery
- Fill out surveys from time-to-time for 2 years after your surgery