Rifaximin in probable Alzheimer's Disease - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn if Rifaximin taken twice daily will improve memory and be able to think and reason for patients with Alzheimer's Disease.
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are ages 55 to 85 years old
- Have Alzheimer's Disease
- Have a family member or caregiver who can come to the study visits with you
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Take Rifaximin twice a day
- Have 3 visits that may be 1 to 3 hours each
- Be asked to fill out questionnaires
- Have 3 blood tests in at 5 month period
- Be called every other week to see how you are doing