TBCRC039 (Inflammatory Triple Negative Breast Cancer) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are studying to see if the study drug, ruxolitinib, is a possible treatment for Inflammatory Breast Cancer.
The following drugs will be used with ruxolitinib:
- paclitaxel (also called Taxol)
- doxorubicin (also called Adriamycin)
- cyclophosphamide (also called Cytoxan)
Triple Negative, Inflammatory Breast Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Both men and women above 18 years of age with triple negative, inflammatory breast cancer.
What is Involved?
If you join this study, you will get the study drug ruxolitinib plus the approved cancer drug paclitaxel. You will then get the standard chemotherapy drugs, doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide.
- Paclitaxel, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide are approved drugs for the treatment of breast cancer.
- A core needle biopsy of your breast tissue will be done before starting therapy.
- You will have tests, exams, and procedures that are part of your standard care and for study purposes.